Mission and Goals
To deepen understanding of the breadth, complexity, and diversity of Ukrainian-Jewish relations over the centuries, with a view to the future. More specifically, to enable the two peoples to:
- Comprehend each other’s historical experience and narratives;
- Address embedded stereotypes;
- Promote mutual awareness of the extended periods of peaceful coexistence, cooperation, and cross-cultural interaction;
- Facilitate knowledge and understanding of the periods of crisis, in particular the Shoah, and the destructive effects of totalitarian Communism, notably the Holodomor and the Great Terror;
- Take appropriate action to honour the victims of Nazism and of Soviet rule; and
Contribute to strengthened national identities on the basis of greater Ukrainian-Jewish understanding and mutual respect.